In the fall of 2003, while trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life after graduation, I began to consider an option that I had previously considered a little more than slightly insane: the Peace Corps. After doing some research and talking to my local recruiter, I decided that it was something that I wanted to do and began the long process of actually joining. There have been many annoyances and tests of my patience (and I haven’t even begun my service yet!), but I’m hoping that it will all be worth it in the end.
I’ve put together a website here so that my friends and family can keep track of where I am and if I’m alive and kicking as well as an account of my experiences that may be informational to people considering making a similar journey.
- Peace Corps Philippines Journal– You must be logged in to read more than my first entry.
- Peace Corps Philippines Photo Essays– Anyone can view
- Care Package Tips– (Good for me, PCV/Ps, and probably volunteers in other places…
- Glossary-Peace Corps is just full of wonderful acronyms and PCspeak
- Links– Peace Corps related links & PCV blogs from around the world
- Packing List
- Timeline– From start to finish
- txtlog– A diary of text messages